Most Recent Studies
March to July 2109
Some time ago we completed "Essential Jesus" - Whitney T Kuniholm - Scripture Union and then a bit more in Acts. We decided to stop at the dispersion of the young church after Stephen was stoned.
We then worked our way through a set of 10 Studies which highlight parts of Acts and some of the Letters,
- Blinded by the Light Acts 9: 1-31
- Proclaiming God's Promises Acts 13: 13-52
- Poor Yet Rich 1 Cor. 4: 8-13 2 Cor. 6: 3-10
- The Power of Praise Acts 16: 16-40
- Becoming a Spiritual Mentor Acts 20: 13-38
- The Truth on Trial Acts 25: 23 - 26: 32
- Strength in Weakness 2 Corinthians 12: 1-10
- Feeling Safe in a Storm Acts 27: 1-44
- Finding Hope in God's Kingdom Acts 28: 11-31
- Experiencing Joy in Sufferings Philippians 1: 12-26
We returned to the Book of Acts and restarted at Chapter 9 and began to read our way through to the end with maps and a chronology of Paul's Letters to give us as wide a picture as possible of the Early Church.
Around Easter, we looked at what we had learned from our “Essential Jesus” studies and then a more detailed look at the Passover, Crucifixion and the Resurrection, and spent some time on Jesus’ appearances.
Pentecost led to a few weeks on The Holy Spirit in both Old and New Testaments including parts of John’s vision in Revelation. The term closed with a look at the last few chapters of Revelation. God is in control and has complete authority – all evil will be destroyed at the time He has chosen.
An intense time with lots of debate – differences of opinion and understanding but always with respect and courtesy.
George Luke 3/7/2019
Back to Wednesday Bible Study